Subscribe:

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Alfa Zagato 2600 Day 7 and 8

It's been a long time for new progress on model but I could find some time to work on lately. So the progress is at the backend of the car.

I've managed to finish the tailboard of the car. And also the plate to carry the ID plate and backlights finished. There were some mistakes at the back. It was far from original but not anymore :D Here is the updates.





I want to talk about a technique for rounded corners. Especially, while using NURMS for smoothing, you know there will be so much mistakes. Polygons with other than 4 edges are not work with NURMS. So we try to make the the polygons with 4 edges. but sometimes we have to make 3 edge-polygon. There was one of them on my model at the back. As you see in the image above, I solve this problem with an extra edge-flow. An edge-flow starting from one of the edge of triangle polygon. You can multiply the edges as much as you want to smooth the edge. Anyway, I want to speak on this technique widely later.

No comments:

Post a Comment